Today is the eve of Malaysia's 51st Independence Day. I am having a lot of mixed feelings today. For one moment, I am happy. For another, I am sad. What is to become of Malaysia? I hope for the best. Will 'the best' be soon?
Meanwhile, let us put our egos aside, and think, what have we done for our Chinese friend, our Iban colleague, our Malay neighbour? Did we treat them right today? What about that Indian lady who use to ride the same bus as you? Have you ever given up your seat to her?
I went to watch kids play at a public pool today. Watching them play makes me happy. And that was when I started reflecting on myself, as an individual, as an Indian, as someone's daughter, as a young lady, and most of all, as a Malaysian.
Sharlinie and Asmawi, I hope you are in a better place. Lord, protect them.
And in case you feel like singing along to Perpaduan Teras Kejayaan (theme song for this year's Independence Day), download here:
Perpaduan Teras Kejayaan
Hmm, I still prefer Keranamu!
- ► 2010 (85)
- ► 2009 (118)
- Merdeka Playlist Sounds Sober Than Yesterday...
- The Night Before
- I love random thoughts
- Time Bosan, Ni lah Hobi Aku.
- Download my Current Playlist
- Billy TALENT
- I feel USELESS rite now..but that's OK.
- WHY I LIKE WEEKENDS
- MY FLAG WILL BE RAISED AS NORMAL
- Sore Throat..
- Playlist: Sulk
- How to Get Over an Ex-Boyfriend
- I KNOW this is NOT helping...
- 10 THINGS TO SAY ABOUT THE EX-BOYFRIEND
- The Break Up Song
- Suggestion of 10% Non-Bumi Quota Receives Protest
- Crashed Server
- The Moffatts
- Away from Blogging
- ▼ August (20)