Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Crashed Server

Yesterday, our office server crashed right after I perform the Adobe Flex installation. I panicked, thinking that Adobe Flex is not a compatible application with Microsoft Server 2008 Standard Edition.

Upon installation, I ran the updates for Adobe Flex and had to reboot the server for the changes to take place. During this reboot session, the server displayed the Blue Screen of Death (BSOD) and I was unable to boot in Normal Windows. In fact, the server keeps rebooting in a loop. So, I had to boot in Safe Mode and immediately uninstalled Adobe Flex. Later, I tried to boot in Normal Windows, but to no success.

Today, I figured that the Kaspersky Anti-Virus for Windows Server 6.0 might be the cause of our server failure. Therefore, I booted in Safe Mode and tried to uninstall it in Control Panels>Programs & Features. To my dismay, I cannot uninstall the anti-virus software because Safe Mode doesn't support the uninstallation!

So, I surfed the net and came across KAVremover9.exe file to uninstall the anti-virus. It can be found here.

Fortunately, this method was successful and I was able to uninstall the anti-virus. AND WA-LAA, the server can finally boot in NORMAL WINDOWS!!

So then, I found out that the Kaspersky Anti-Virus for Windows Server 6.0 is NOT compatible with Microsoft Server 2008 Standard Edition. The specs here. YIKES! Why the heck did the supplier recommend it then??!! The supplier is NOT gonna have a good day tomorrow...haha~

Rite now, I'm just trying so hard to get my mind off some personal problems. Aihh~

0 other story teller(s):

Post a Comment

Hi Anonymous, you are such a coward! Please, I beg you, FLAME me!

  © 2008-2009 'Morning Drink' template by ourblogtemplates.com. Edited by atreyu strange.

Back to TOP